Main Street Wesleyan Church was founded in 1906 with 6 charter members possessing a desire to maintain a holiness influence in the community of Elwood and surrounding area. From that humble beginning the Church has continued to grow and be a lighthouse on the corner of 27th and Main Street pointing people to the saving grace of Jesus Christ and a holy lifestyle. Through the years the church has had several building additions with the latest building added in 2000- a Family Life Center.